World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus on Wednesday said it is too soon to say that the outbreak of Ebola in the Democratic Republic of Congo is stabilizing even if new cases are emerging at a slower rate.
“There is a decline (in new cases)… but still, considering the accessibility and red zones, we cannot say that the outbreak is stabilizing,” he told a news conference.
YOU MAY READ:Death toll in DR Congo from Ebola outbreak now at 61
He said the next seven to ten days would be critical to control the outbreak, which erupted on Aug. 1. Since then, 112 confirmed and probable cases of Ebola have been identified, including 75 deaths, according to data from Congo’s health ministry.