Mushroom poisoning: Over 800 sick in Iran

Mushroom poisoning

Over 800 people have been confirmed to be poisoned after eating toxic wild mushrooms in around in Iran.

At least 11 people have died from the effects of the fungi and hundreds more have been hospitalized from the affected 10 provinces in the west of Iran.

Reports from Iran’s Tasnim News Agency revealed there is no effective treatment for this kind of poisoning, since the mushroom look similar to the edible ones.

The deadly fungi grow wild in mountainous regions of Iran’s west after spring showers, according to Tasnim.

Seven of the dead came from the Kermanshah area.

Reports suggest that unprecedented rainfall over the past month has led to more mushrooms growing than usual.

People have been urged not to buy loose mushrooms and only purchase those packed and sealed in shops.


Facebook Comments
Disclaimer: does not guarantee any specific results as a result of the procedures mentioned here and the results may vary from person to person. The topics in these pages including text, graphics, videos and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only and not to be substituted for professional medical advice.

Leave a Reply