Man dies of insecticide poison in a Chinese bar

0
176
poison

The Lagos State Police Command has commenced investigation into the death of one Mr. Willie Uyime who allegedly died after drinking an insecticide poison in a Chinese lounge and bar on Adeniran Ogunsanya Street, Surulere, Lagos.

Mr. Uyime, had gone to the bar in the company of his friends on Saturday to have fun.

According to the report by Emmanuel, one of his friends Mr. Uyime had taken the insecticide in a plastic water bottle kept close to their seat mistaking it for water.

ALSO READ: NAFDAC warns against consuming fruits ripened with carbide

The victim had started gasping and throwing up while discussing with the friends. He was later rushed to the Randle General Hospital where he was confirmed dead.

Mr. Emmanuel therefore requested that the police arrest and question the management of the bar. He faulted the bar management foe leaving the insecticide in such an open place which has led to his friend’s death.

However, the Police have made no arrests with respect to the incident.

The State Police Public Relations Officer, SP Chike Oti who confirmed the incident assured that investigations were ongoing.

YOU MAY LIKE: NAFDAC – The use of fake Coartem tablets may result in poisoning

SP Chike, said; “He visited the Chinese lounge and bar with his friends to drink. The insecticide was inside a bottled water container, so he thought he was drinking water. We are investigating the matter and the manager is being questioned.”

Facebook Comments
Disclaimer: Pinnaclehealthradio.org does not guarantee any specific results as a result of the procedures mentioned here and the results may vary from person to person. The topics in these pages including text, graphics, videos and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only and not to be substituted for professional medical advice.

Leave a Reply