Is not normal to be exposed to mosquitoes bite within your home, here are handy, cost effective tip to get rid mosquitoes around your home.
6. Avoid and exclude mosquitoes
You can take several steps to protect yourself from mosquito bites.
Limit exposure to mosquitoes by avoiding outdoor activities when they’re most active, dusk to dawn and also by repairing any tears in the screens on your windows, doors and camping gear
5. Use insect repellent
These repellents temporarily repel mosquitoes and ticks. DEET may offer longer lasting protection while Insecticides are also effective in getting rid of mosquitoes as well as other flying and crawling insects. It may offer longer lasting protection. Whichever product you choose, read the label before you apply it. If you’re using a spray repellent, apply it outdoors and away from food.
4. Use protective clothing and gear
Weather permitting, wear will include Long sleeves, Socks and closed-toe shoes, Long pants, possibly tucked into the tops of your socks, Light colors, and a hat that protects your ears and neck or one with mosquito netting that covers your face
3. Take preventive medication
If you tend to have large or severe reactions to mosquito bites (skeeter syndrome), consider taking a non-drowsy, non-prescription antihistamine when you know you’ll be exposed to mosquitoes. Consult your doctor for right prescription.
2. Reduce mosquitoes around your home
Eliminate standing water, which mosquitoes need to breed. To keep your house and yard free of mosquito pools:
- Unclog roof gutters.
- Empty children’s wading pools at least once a week, and preferably more often.
- Change water in birdbaths at least weekly.
- Get rid of old tires in your yard.
- Empty outdoor flower pots regularly or store them upside down so that they can’t collect water.
- Drain your fire pit if water collects there.
1. Mosquito nets for doors and windows
The pre-treated insecticide mosquito net has proven effective for protecting you from mosquitoes and also killing them. Before they can be used, mosquito nets have to be taken out of the packs they come in and spread outside for a minimum of 12 hours.
Do you have your old and new ways of reducing or expelling mosquitoes indoors, share them in the comment box below.